Most of the bands we mention in Most Awesomest tend to have been around a bit longer than the guys below, but She Hate Me's laudacious (yeah, that's right, laudacious) review is well-timed, as their new album, 'Art Brut Vs. Satan' hit stores this week. Revel in the drunken insanity, shitheads.
If this clip of Eddie Argos doing a keg stand at some college party in Philly does not endear you to the lead man from Art Brut, then you and I don’t have the same definition of awesome.
Consider some other facts about the goofiest fuckers in rock n roll today:
(1) the new album is called “Art Brut vs Satan”. This is funnier if you consider some of their past declarations: “Yes, this is my singing voice, it’s not irony, and it’s not rock n roll. I’m…just…talking…to the kids”. Werd the fuck up.
(2) The first single from that album is called “Alcoholics Unanimous”.
(3) The album was recorded during one week in Oregon that was “punk as fuck”.
(4) Modern Art makes them want to rock out
(5) They want to be the band that writes the song that makes Israel and Palestine get along.
(6) Eddie Argos’ drink of choice is apple juice and vodka. I’ll stop. These guys just GET IT. They are insanely likeable and their live show is hilarious, on top of being just fuckin’ awesome. Also, the bass player is named Frederica Feedback. Points awarded.