Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sorry, It's Just That Everything Has Sucked Shit Lately


Seriously. Things have really sucked shit. I wanted to post more record reviews, but I also hate completely dumping on artists that I like, and a lot of them have been releasing some real donkey dust lately. So writing long-winded diatribes about how bad their latest albums are sort of kills me. Is it because I am so sensitive and caring, yet thoughtful? Probably.

No, really, I just don't feel like unleashing streams of vituperation and negativity, because I feel like nothing will break this funk if I do that. I'll just start hating everything in my 'To Be Reviewed' playlist, I'll have cursed myself to be doomed to a life of hating every single new release I come across. That said, I will keep this short: I am going to start reviewing albums again, you can all release that huge breath you took and stop contemplating suicide.

Forthwith a list of things I have not enjoyed so far this year (aside from a few songs here and there): Wilco's 'Wilco (the Album)', Spoon's 'Got Nuffin', Bruce Springsteen's 'Working On A Dream', Bob Dylan's 'Together Through Life', Andrew Bird's 'Noble Beast', ... And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead's 'The Century of Self', Animal Collective's 'Merriweather Post Pavilion', God Help the Girl (self-titled), The Decemberists 'The Hazards of Love', Patterson Hood's 'Murdering Oscar', Dirty Projector's 'Bitte Orca' ... need I go on?

OK, upon looking at that, they weren't all shit. Some of them were just fucking mediocre. Congratulations.

No comments: